Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beth & Dan : Afton Forest Preserve, DeKalb, IL Wedding

It was almost a year ago that I met with Beth and Dan about their October 2011 wedding.  When Beth told me that she'd be making her wedding dress, I flipped.  Then she told me that she also planned on making Dan's wedding clothes, and that they'd all be modeled after 1800's fashion.  I about DIED!  I was so excited about the opportunity to photograph such a unique wedding, and was beyond myself when Beth and Dan actually booked me!!  They must have known about the week I spent in depression after reading Pride and Prejudice because I didn't live in that time period.  But I digress...

They knew from the beginning that planning an outdoor wedding at the end of October in the Midwest would be hit or miss, but they ended up with a truly beautiful day.  The sun was shining, and it was actually kind of warm!  A perfect fall wedding day. :)




Since Beth made Dan's wedding clothes and was the only person who knew how they worked, it made sense for them to get ready together so she could help him get everything just right.  And leaving no detail out, Beth also made her undergarments. :)





One of my favorites from the day. :)


The ceremony was set to take place at Afton Forest Preserve, which is one of my favorite places to shoot, especially in the fall!


I don't normally do this kind of processing, but I thought it fit with the 1800's theme. :)






It was a very intimate ceremony, with only their closest family and friends in attendance. 



Every aspect of the ceremony reflected Beth and Dan's personality, including the vows they wrote for each other.




The reception was held at Beth's parents house, and pretty much everything was homemade by Beth and her friends, including these dried leaf flowers...

...cupcakes...

...and the ENTIRE dinner menu!!!





When I met with Beth a couple weeks before the wedding, she described the reception as being very relaxed and, in her own words, "a time to hang out and drink beer."  And that's exactly what it was!!



Thanks again, Beth and Dan, for the perfect end to the 2011 wedding season!!  :)




2 comments:

TimTab said...

this is incredible!!! very unique!

Amy said...

Mrs. Xidis would be so proud! Lovely wedding, lovely people, lovely photography!