Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Katie & Heath : DeKalb, IL Engagement Session

I like Katie and Heath.  As in, I think I might have a crush on them.  They are just sooooo cute, and are two of the most caring people I've met in a long time.  Their passion for life is infectious and most evident when they are together and with their son, Blake.  They're the kind of couple that make me love my job.  In fact, they're the kind of couple that make what I do not even feel like a job.  They've been through a lot as a couple (feel free to read their story as told by Katie here), and have come out of each trial stronger and more in love.  I'm crazy excited for their wedding next month, a fact I expressed to them so much during their session that I think I might have creeped them out.  Is it too soon to make them a mix tape?  :)

We started the session out in downtown DeKalb, outside of the apartment Heath lived in when he and Katie started dating.  They had so many precious memories there, and it was a real joy for me to be able to capture images in a place that is so dear to them.





Katie, you are beyond beautiful!!



Next we headed out to a park where Blake was able to run free and hunt for sticks. 





Aren't they such a beautiful family???

I love this one.  Blake was a little upset because he had to give up his "really big stick"... 

...the stick is back, and life is good! 








3 comments:

Kirsten said...

these are fantastic!! :)

Katie said...

Chrissy you are so cute!!! I am just so happy that we found eachother :) Thanks again for the amazing engagement shoot and I can't even being to tell you how excited I am about the wedding (1 month & 1 day away!!!!!)

Joni said...

Love this family! Love these photos! I am SO excited for July!!! <3