Thursday, February 24, 2011

Luc's Birthday/Silly Photo Contest!!!

Lucas turns 1 today!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHH!!  As of today, I'm done with Lucas 365 and will be moving onto the much easier Lucas Weekly project.  After taking at least one picture a day for the last year (GAH!), one picture a week should be cake.  Although, I know me, and it will probably end up being more than just one, but it will be nice not to have the pressure of once a day, anyway.  :)

To celebrate this accomplishment, I'm running a contest for a free portrait session!!  A portrait session includes the following : baby, kids, family, engagement, couple, or any other portrait type session you would like (maybe a boudoir or day after, aka trash the dress, session????). :)

As stated in the title, this is a silly photo contest, so you'll need to submit a silly/funny/crazy photo of yourself, your spouse/significant other, your family, or your kids (but don't be mean, make sure they're okay with it!), or any combination of those.  It can be an old photo, or one you just snapped for this contest.  Submit one photo by Thursday, March 3rd to chrissydemingphotography@gmail.com.  On Friday, March 4th, I will post all of the photos submitted here on my blog, and also on my Facebook Page.  Then people will have the chance to vote for your photo in two ways:

1.  By commenting on the blog post where the pictures are posted
2.  By liking your photo on Facebook (must be a fan of my page to like a photo)


Voting will go until Friday, March 11th, and I'll post the winner on Monday March 14th!  The winner will receive a 1-2 hour session at up to 2 locations, and a disc with 30-40 images with printing rights.


Fine Print Details
*By submitting a photo you are agreeing to me posting it here as well as on my Fan Page.  If you aren't okay with this, please do not submit a photo, as you will not be eligible for this contest.
*The winner must be within 50 miles of DeKalb, IL to redeem the prize.  Outside of the area may require a travel fee.  If you frequently travel to the DeKalb, IL area, you can still win and we can plan your session for whenever you visit.
*Prize can be won and given to someone else as a gift.
*Prize expires one year after winning date (March 14th, 2012)


I'll kick things off with one of the silliest photo (or at least, the one that sparked the most comments!) from Lucas 365. Have fun with this!  I can't wait to see all of your pictures!


One more thing before I go...I just wanted to thank everyone who has followed Lucas for the last year and for all of the comments you've posted on his pictures.  It's been a huge encouragement to me, and if it weren't for you awesome people, I don't think I would have had the motivation to get through the entire year.  So this contest is as much of a thank you as it is a celebration of me accomplishing a huge goal.  So, THANK YOU!!!! 

And don't forget to wish Lucas a "Happy Birthday" in the comment section!! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! =)

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)