Monday, December 13, 2010

Sylvia & Kyle : DeKalb, IL Wedding

I will forever be in debt to Kyle and Sylvia.  They took a chance on me when we first got together back in January.  I was trying to start my business as a wedding photographer, but I had only ever tagged along with other photographers.  I was upfront with them from the beginning.  I would have more experience by their wedding, but it took a lot of trust for them to book me for such an important day without having done any weddings of my own.  I'm deeply appreciative of the chance they took. :)  

The day of their wedding was sunny and crisp.  When I showed up at Kyle's parent's house that morning, there was giddiness in the air and the Kardashians on the TV as the girls were getting all dolled up.  Sylvia was beaming and beautiful, the nervousness she felt not showing through her smile.  Her day was finally here.  She was about to marry her best friend.  The day went perfectly, and Sylvia and Kyle pledged themselves to each other in front of family and friends.      













While I was getting pictures of the girls getting ready, Seth was off with the guys.

Kyle and Sylvia's son, Dominic, was the ring bearer.  He's so cute!!!!


Kyle's gift to his groomsmen were Nike's embroidered the groomsmen's name, as well as Kyle and Sylvia's wedding date.

I love this shot!  This is why I force Seth to be my second shooter. :) :) :)













Hello, hotness!



































It was freezing, and I felt so bad for the girls in their sleeveless dresses!  They were troopers, though. :)




It was so, SO cold outside (did I mention it was cold?), and this alley was a wind tunnel.  Major props to Kyle and Sylvia for being so awesome and willing to freeze for 15 minutes while we grabbed a couple pictures.  :)




The reception was at Walter Payton's Roundhouse in Aurora, which was serious awesomeness!!  



He's just so darn cute. :) :) :) :)



I love this shot of Kyle dancing with his 2 week-old niece during the dollar dance.



Sylvia and Kyle, congratulations, and thank you so much for believing in me!  You two are the best!!!! :) :) :) 

Chrissy


1 comment:

Travis Baillie said...

Wonderful images Chrissy! Really well done! Love the detail shots, just awesome! What a great couple!